Saturday, July 12, 2014

Highlights of High School

High school is considered by some to be the best four years of your life. If this is true the events that took place must have been pretty extraordinary in order to be considered the best. Although I'm not sure if i would consider it the best four years. Still I'm gonna list the highlights of my high school experience...
-Playing both basketball and football for most of the years.
-Beating our cross town rivals every year in football 
-Being a member of cabinet, which is like student leaders of the school.
-Receiving all A's in my classes
-Leading the football team in receiving yards against Hillcrest and nearly scoring my first touchdown.
-Going to haunted houses and corn maizes during halloween time. 
-Prom, and the weeks and events leading up to it. 
-My best friend hitting a girl in the school parking lot. 
-Playing in recreational  basketball leagues with all my friends. 
-Having 4 killer halloween costumes. 
-Going to early morning church every day of school all 4 years. 
Listing off the things in this list made me realize that most of the memories I made were not made at school but made outside with my friends and on the field. So maybe high school was not the best 4 years of my life but I made tons of memories I will never forget. Plus, with like 60 years ahead of me, hopefully, the best is yet to come. High School is just lights in the rear-view mirror. Time is something that can get away from us so we need to treasure the time we are going and not take advantage of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment