Sunday, July 6, 2014

Everything is Awesome

For many weeks my parents have been raving over the Lego Movie. I was not interested in the slightest to watch it. After much pleading and begging from my family I decided that I would watch the movie to please my family and get them off of my back. I love movies. One of my favorites things to do is watching movies. Usually, I rarely complain about the movie because normally all are slightly entertaining. However, after 5 minutes into this movie I was seriously contemplated leaving. I decided to give it a few more minutes and after it all I was glad I decided to stay. It was no Avengers or Spiderman, but it definitely had a surprising level of action in it. Also, there were many life lessons to be learned from a childs movie. Without spoiling the ending for all you lego fans who haven't seen the movie yet I will explain to you what I learned...
-Working as an individual is way more difficult than working as a team
-Believing in yourself is more important than others belief in you
-The hero always gets the girl
-Plans will fall through that is why you need a backup plan
-Routines are boring, switch things up occasionally
-In order to achieve success it takes hard work
It is crazy to think that you can pick that many life lessons from a childish movie about a lego man who is trying to save the world. As a kid you just watch the movie for entertainment and don't necessarily look at the whole picture, but as an adult I realize that there is more than meets the eye in a lot of things. However, no matter how old I am nothing changes that fact that what takes place in movies doesn't take place in real life, however disappointing that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment