Thursday, July 17, 2014

Canoe Trip

One of the things that I previously had on my bucket list was to go canoeing with some of my closest family and friends.  Today I was able to do that with my cousins and some of my best friends. It was an all-around good time and we made many memories. The drive there was supposed to be an hour and a half but with lack of preparation the drive ended up being closer to three hours. So after showing up late to the river we were finally able to get on the water at around 11 o'clock. The lady working informed us that it would be a 4 to 6 hour float and there were many things to do along the way. So we set off and began our trip. Some of those things that you could do included jumping into a freezing  Spring water cave also rope swinging and cliff jumping. In addition only two people flipped their canoes so we made it out just fine. The ride home soon about three times longer than the ride to the river but with occasional nap it was alright. Altogether the trip was around 11 hours a lot longer than we thought it would be but it was still a fun time.  It was a fun time and I will cherish the memories that I made. Getting to spend quality time with some of the people that I love is something that is always fun. It doesn't have to be spending a day on the river or just relaxing at home. Whenever you are with the people that you love it doesn't matter what you are doing. One of the most memorable things is one of my best friends came with me and I promised that I wouldn't make her row at all and so I got to row for 6 hours straight. Totally worth it to make her happy. Anyways it has been fun writing this blog, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment