Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jung Typology Test

Before taking this test I thought about the kind of writer I was, but I never could quite hit the nail on the head on how to describe my style of writing. With this lack of knowledge I was curious as to what this test would determine my  writing style and technique to be. However, I doubted that this test would provide true and accurate information. As I went down the list of qualities of ESFJ writing style in my mind I put a check-mark next to all the ones that applied to me. I was quite astonished at the amount that applied to me and my style of writing. Something I enjoy doing is telling stories in papers. Whether it is a story from my past or a story with historical significance, it doesn't matter. Each story has a lesson to be learned from  that can apply to us in our everyday lives. Another technique that was on the list was having an understanding of the time requirement that will be needed to accomplish the task ahead. That is always something that I take into account. I know that time that is needed and make sure I have set that time aside to finish the task at a high level. One of the most accurate representations of my writing style that was mentioned was if I get writers block a break is needed. When I just sit at a computer for too long I become frustrated with myself and my inability to write the paper. Instead of trying to continue to write most of the time I take a break and go out and socialize. I do this so my mind can take a break so that when I sit back down at the computer I will be re-energized and think of good ideas. Not everything on the list was spot on. Things such as "discusses topics before beginning to write." Most of the time I just sit down at the computer and begin writing. As I write I let the ideas come to me and then throughout the paper build and stem off those ideas to help the paper begin to take form. Also, it mentions that papers might be sappy or emotional. Totally wrong in my case. My papers very rarely have emotion that evoke stronger emotions enough to be considered sappy. At first I thought this was going to be another one of those strange and wrong internet quizzes that seem like a waste of time to me. However, I learned a lot about my writing style and my tendencies and the ways to improve my skills. By building on these skills that I have but also gaining more along the way I feel that this quiz has been beneficial in my college process. It taught my what I like to do, which also shows me some of my week spots allowing me to grow as a writer as become a well rounded writer.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection. Remember to give the reader context - what specifically are you reflecting on? What connections have you made and why? ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete