Thursday, June 26, 2014

Journey of Life

Time is just a mist of moments, brushing past us swiftly, never to be the same again, only to be replaced by the next oncoming wave of individualistic self characterizing thoughts, events, and emotions. As I sit at this computer I can’t stand but look back upon my life and marvel at the time that has past. It seems like just yesterday I was entering the doors of high school as a small, terrified freshmen. Now I am about to embark on some of the most influential years of my life with a mission, and college. In just 35 days I leave to go on a church mission for 2 years to the country of Ecuador. 2 years is a lot of time to have minimal contact with family and friends. However, I know that I am doing the right thing and will help the people of Ecuador with the services that I bring.  Then some of the most influential and life-shaping years will follow.  I cannot believe that I am almost to the point in my life where I am about to start my own career and have a family. That just seems so crazy to me. At the same time I look forward to the future but also sometimes can’t help to look back at the past to recount some of my favorite memories and recall just how far I have made it. For college I have chosen to attend Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. My parents are both alma maters and I am excited to attend that school. The future holds so much that I don’t even know. As of right now I am undecided on what I want to do as my profession. With this is mind I hope that as I further my studies that I will find something that I love and take that up as my profession for the remainder of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment