Saturday, June 28, 2014

Assignment 4.4- Know Your Audience

This discussion board was a way for strangers to get to know each other over the internet. Most of the time I wouldn't share personal information over the internet, but I feel like I can trust these individuals since nobody asked for my social security number! We found out a lot about each other by our responses but I feel we also learned a lot about each other by the questions we asked. The individuals of this class, although so different, are alike in many ways. No matter what our age or how much we enjoy our basic lives we all returned to a childish state of mind and wished we had a superpower or were a superhero. Many answered questions religiously. When asked "If you could spend one day with anyone, real or fictional, dead or alive, who would it be and why? What would you do?" many people responded with Jesus Christ. I found this to be very unique in a time where religion is slowly fading away that so many, including myself, have that desire. With such a wide range of questions from "What is your idea of a perfect day?" to "What is your best solution to relieve stress?" there were answers that ranged from one extreme to the other as well. However, I noticed something similar. It was the small and simple things that made us consider it a perfect day, or relieve stress. We didn't need luxurious or extravagant things to find happiness. Although I don't know anyone in this class on a personal level I feel that I know just a little bit about some people. How they think and act. What their free time entails or just what makes them happy. Our lives are so busy that rarely do we get to think about these questions and what our answers would be. This discussion was fun but also taught me things about myself as well as the people in this class. 

1 comment:

  1. Good summary - push yourself to move to analysis by asking why. Why did people answer the way that they did? What does this all mean. Defining the meaning will bring you to analysis. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete