Sunday, June 22, 2014

I believe Free Write

The crowd roars as the players crosses the goal line yet again. 45-14 Kickapoo leads against Nixa. This score was never expected and in fact Kickapoo was the underdog coming into the game. With such a weird turn of events the Kickapoo fans could not help but cheer "I believe that we will win." During each game whether at the beginning or end of the game the student section does the I believe chant. This will be something that I miss the most about leaving high school. It got the whole crowd pumped and it also pumped up the players which allowed them to play better. With this is mind the opposing team also does this chant sometimes. In reality it is like a competition between student sections and teams about which it better. Being an athlete there is no better feeling then hearing the crowd erupt after you make a play. Even better is when you help your team win the game. Although my high school days are over and I am constantly looking toward the future I cant help but look back and recount all the memories participating and cheering at sporting events. When I think back to high school I recall knocking off the number 3 team in the state in football my senior year, or losing on a buzzer beater against a nationally ranked basketball team. In all my memories I'm either on the field or in the stands. College is even a bigger stage. Instead of a hundred people yelling it is now 50,000-100,000 yelling fans, chanting, and getting into the game. What is has to feel like to be down on the field under the lights with thousands of people cheering you on. I can imagine it being one of the greatest feelings ever. Sporting events are some of the most interesting and lively events there are. Thousands of people every night gather at a ball park to watch people play sports. That amazes me when I think about that. Some of my greatest memories I have take place at a sporting event, and many of my future plans involve sporting events.

Word Count: 358

No comments:

Post a Comment